Friday, June 17, 2005

the War is rough

I got the sad news today that my young cousin was killed in Iraq. He was a US Marine.
My father told me about it on the phone but then to watch the local TV news interview his brother, one of his friends and my sister just really made it hit home even more.

I usually dont go political on you but I am going to say what I have been saying for over a year now, the death count is too high and the benefits do not outweight the cost- just ask his mother or brother.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Dr. Wright,

I am so sorry to hear about your cousin. I cannot imagine the heartache that you and the rest of his family must be feeling. War is a terrible thing and unfortunately only leads to more hate and more war in the future. It's time to have more women, specially those who are mothers, in the decision making roles in the government.

Again, I express my deepest condolence to you and the rest of your grieving family and pray for a quick end to this senseless war. Thank you for reminding us again of how this war is affecting our young and healthy men and women.

walkin2e said...

Dear Dr. Wright, my sympathy goes out to you and your family. You are so right...there are too many of our men and women being killed and wounded. As a former casualty officer with the Army, I know what the death of a military service member is like. I pray this war is quickly ended.

Irvin L. Rozier, Captain (Retired) US Army

PS...By the way, I saw your article on TODAY'S WOMAN. I contribute to that site and was selected as June writer of the month.

Anonymous said...

I have a related mental health clinic blog you might want to check out