Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Mel Gibson is Thankful for Michael Richards this holiday!

His comedy routine turned into a horrible vat
of racist stew. I have enjoyed his comedy in the
past but now, I will never look at him the same.

You can argue about using the N word. But when you
start referring to the fact that he could lynch you
if it was 50 years ago is sad. If you have not seen the
actual event, you can see it all on Youtube

So let's talk PR...
You messed up, you messed up bad and now you gather the
troops to help you face the music.
Was it a good move to get his good friend Seinfield to
ease the pathway to an apology on Letterman?
How do you convey a sincere apology?
Was this an act to get him back in the headlines because
basically nothing is going on with him now?

I think he made a good PR move when he asked Seinfield to
pave the way for him to get on TV to say he was sorry.
When you have done something wrong and the media has it,
you have to address it.

Also let this be a lesson to use all, there are always cameras
somewhere...

Personally I was offended and I think it revealed a lot of
what he really thinks and says in his private life. So I will
never watch him or pay to see his comedy again ( yes I have in the past)
However, most of Hollywood has a short memory and I think
he will be back to work soon.

I think Mel Gibson is very happy that the attention is not on him
for once.

Happy Thanksgiving!
www.wrightplacetv.com

No comments: