Sunday, February 17, 2008

Social Networking Sites for Business? Can You Make Money?


Ojeez.com- I belong but only get invitations from guys over 60. I am not sure what I am attracting there but It's not working for business.

Fast PItch- This site was recommended to me by my friend Maria Simone. She pointed out that you can have unlimited news releases, I used that feature a lot. I also met a great person who was on the show. Helene Wasserman- visit www.wrightplacetv.com to see it online.
They also have a webinar on how to use it.

My space- I only have about 15 friends on there,2 of which I actually converse with on a fairly regular basis. My audience is not on my space, and clearly, my friends aren't either.

Twitter- a time waster, I am not sure anyone is fascinated with what I am doing.

Plaxo- my contacts there communicate well, good dialogs happen when I participated in a poll and then made comments. Its simple and I don't get an email from them every 5 minutes. Maybe the blue is soothing to me.

Linked in- you can ask a questions that experts will answer.Thats a cool feature. They tell you how many people looked at your profile and how many times you came up in their search.I enjoy answering questions online, but I dont think I have really worked LINKED in well.

Facebook- honestly I dont know what the deal is with them. I could not register my name- so I am in there as Lacy Wright, needless to say, I hardly use that. I do belong to a group on there but they are from a different country and might thing Lacy is my nick name. It's not... so don't call me that. I tried to correct it by sending a letter to admin, and no answer came. I guess it's free 'cause there is no customer service.

Digg- I just joined to post to someone else's blog. I have not really used it or DUGG other people's site. I'll have to read more on it.

Monkey Brain- I started a fight, we'll see who comes, so far, nobody! I guess it wasn't an extraordinary position to take but we'll see.

Squidoo- I worked on my site there a little more, my lens is about the show. I am not sure that anyone who has ever talked to me has seen that lens. But for some reason, I have a not so bad ranking on that site. I am not passionate about it, but it's another site that can point back to yours.

Meet UP- every meet up meeting was canceled so I never participated and now have lost interest because my personal vision has changed. I am not longer interested in just local events.

SO bottom line, for me, money is being made at Fast Pitch
I am sure I belong to a few more I have forgotten about but thats fine, If I come across them, I blog about it.

Tell me who you actually MAKE money with, not just network with?

No comments: