Friday, January 14, 2005

The Proper way to cash in on PR!

On monday ,a national holiday when most of her target demographic is off from work and home and not on travel because they just got done traveling for the holidays, Oprah brings back Nate to talk about the Tsunami.

This is how you do publicity people! Oprah isnt even remotely tied to the Tsunami, however by bringing NATE who is on the show often and talking about it, she will stir up the publicity desired. Thats what you have to do, take a global or national event and boil it down to how you are involved, no matter how remotedly, if it makes some sense, you will get a story or interview out of it. Rumore says that Oprah paid for Marines to look for Nate's Mate, no word as to what they found. Oprah's STC time
( start of the show to the first cry) is down to 4 minutes ( with the car show) and YES I timed it! I am a professional! :)

Because we have been blasted with the images over and over, I dont think Nate can drop the STC time to lower than 4 minutes. I predict right around 6-9 minutes.
I'll have to look at it later cause I hope to be skiing in Wrightwood on Monday

No comments: