Thursday, March 06, 2008

Babyface at the Vault




Kathy King and I went down to check out Babyface in a new concert. But first
A word about the opening act.

This lady was a stunning looker of the Celine style. But her voice, oh my god....
She did this thing where the pitch went somewhere in the range of Dog hearing.
It was her thing because she did it twice in her act.
It was really not good. Forget waterboarding, have her sing like that
and anyone will tell you where the jewels are.

Babyface sang mostly his old stuff, I would have liked to hear some new stuff too but seriously, his body of work is so good, you enjoy those good songs.

When he said he was going to sing his favorite song, I thought it was going to
'ha- ha Eddie Murphy dumped you!"
but it was the song her wrote for his ex-wife when she gave birth to their oldest son Brandon.

I nice song but clearly one that only had meaning for him

He is still a great show, I am going on Itunes to see what the new stuff sounds like.

No comments: